It's Judy with a Y
What is in a name? Apparently nothing since it seems that no one can spell my name correctly!
Now I know I have one of those names that can be spelled in MANY different ways and for some reason my parents felt compelled to spell it with a “z”. Don’t ask me why that is just their prerogative as parents. I personally like my name and the way it’s spelled, but it rarely gets spelled right the first time and sometimes it even comes across as the wrong name all together.
For instance, I love going to Johnnie’s and watching the order takers freak out trying to think of how to spell my name while I am watching. They always end up erasing and rewriting which is probably why when they guy calls my name it always comes out Sussy.
I also get this at work all the time. I will call someone and ask them to return a phone call. They will ask me what my name is. I tell them and they say “OK Cindy, I will have such and such return your call”. This one is better though. “OK Judy, I will have such and such return your call”. Cindy? Judy? Who are these people? What makes this even better is when they call and the receptionist tells them we don’t have a Cindy or a Judy that works here. I’ve decided it’s an effective way to avoid phone calls.
Also, at work there are people here that after 15 years still cannot spell my name right. On more than one occasion I have had to correct something that got published on our website or was about to go out in a program or newspaper article. I mean come on! Not only have I worked here FOREVER, but I also have business cards and somewhere a name plate. Guess I need to find that and make sure it prominently placed on my desk.
The one that happened yesterday takes the cake. I received an e-mail from the assistant of one of our bankers. I read her e-mail and replied to her e-mail. I signed the e-mail with Suzy and the e-mail also had my signature block attached so my name was actually on there twice. She replied back to me with this.
Suzi,
Thanks for the information. I will request a rush on the appraisals and keep you up to date on the time line.
Anyone else see anything wrong with her response? Seriously just made me shake my head and laugh, but simply respond to her with…
Thank you!
Judy

3 Comments:
My name is never spelt right-not even by my friends.
People always think I say "Becky". But what REALLY gets me is two men in particular that are up here all the time (one of which has known me since I was 11), and 90% of the time when they call, they always call me Becky. I just want to know who in the world they think Becky is. Have they not figured out yet since they are up here several times a week that we don't have a Becky on staff? But if we ever do, she's going to get LOTS of phone calls. =o)
Now I get called Mrs. Cellular - all the time.
-Karen
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home