Career Change
I have decided it's time to look into a career change.
Yesterday I was at the State Capitol doing my yearly duty lobbying for the American Cancer Society. A couple of the ladies in my group wanted to get their picture taken with a particular Senator who happened to be one of their old high school teachers. His assistant called the Capitol photographer and then the senator was called off the floor for a photo op.
While we were waiting for the Senator we talked to the photographer. We made the comment that he must be all over the Capitol and how it must be rough to be at the beck and call of everyone who offices at the Capitol. He was telling us how he spent most of his time running from floor to floor and how he stayed in shape by not riding the elevators but always using the stairs.
I was feeling really sorry for him and thinking what a stinky job he had until he made the following comment. "I have a no elevator rule. Taking the stairs allows me to eat all the cake I want. There is not a birthday cake in the Capitol that doesn't get cut without me there."
Hand me an application and point me to personal. I think it's time for a career change.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home